First of all, I have managed to eliminate the “MemoryError” problem, which I’m quite happy about. Despite the number of people reporting this problem with Zope, I didn’t find one explanation of how to fix it.
Secondly, I believe that I’ve managed to get rid of the problem where the server becomes totally unresponsive. There are times when I get huge surges in traffic that I believe are from spambots, and these make the server slower, but it will usually respond within a few seconds.
I use the same tasktoy as everyone else, so I feel the pain too.
Remember, you can always email me if you would like a copy to run yourself, although you will need to install Zope.